Chewy Granola Snack Bars
Baking, Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- 4 cups (1 L) miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins, chopped*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raw sunflower seeds, shelled
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) unsweetened fine coconut
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows, cook, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, graham crumbs, flaxseed, raisins, sunflower seeds and coconut until thoroughly coated.
- Press into a greased 8 X 8 inch (20 X 20 cm) pan with greased fingers. Let cool. Cut into 8 rows lengthwise and 2 crosswise.
Yield: 16 bars.
Serving Size: 1 bar. Each serving contains 1/2 Tbsp (7 mL) flaxseed
Cooks note: *Dried fruit such as apricots can be substituted.
< Back to main Recipes page