Baking, Breakfast, Whole Flaxseed, Ground Flaxseed
- 2 cups (500 mL) large flake rolled oats
- ½ cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fine unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) whole flaxseed
- ¼ cup (50 mL) slivered almonds
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey
- Preheat oven to 300 F (150° C).
- Mix oats, ground flaxseed, coconut, whole flax seed, almonds, cinnamon and salt in a large roasting pan.
- In a bowl, mix together milk, canola oil and honey. Pour over dry mixture, mixing well until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture onto a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until oats are crisp and golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool before breaking apart into chunks break.
- Store in airtight containers or plastic bags for up to 1-2 weeks.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 75 mL (1/3 cup) Each serving contains 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) flax
Cooks Note: Serve in small bowls with cold or warmed milk or sprinkle over yogurt, fresh fruit or berries.
< Back to main Recipes page