Chocolate Granola Bites
Baking, Ground Flaxseed
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) liquid honey
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) unsweetened medium shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chocolate chips
- In a heavy saucepan, combine oil and honey over medium heat, stirring until warmed. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Add oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and coconut. Stir until well coated.
- Stir in flaxseed, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- With dampened fingers, firmly form into balls
- Let cool completely on rack.
- Store in an airtight container for a week or freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 32 bites
Serving Size: 2 bites
< Back to main Recipes page