Mar 07, 2015 Seminar at Engredea & NPEW: Flaxseed & Blood Pressure
Flax Council of Canada
FAQ, Food Industry, Health & Nutrition, News
Are you attending Engredea and Natural Products Expo West (NPEW) in March?
If so please attend our Seminar “Flaxseed and Blood Pressure Lowering”. And display your products and literature.
When: Saturday March 7 at 11:00 – 12:00pm
Where: Marriott Grand Salon A/B
Co - Hosted by: Flax Council of Canada and J.G. Pizzey
Display Opportunity: For $500 Canadian, we can offer you a table to display your products and literature. This is a great opportunity to showcase your company to an audience engaged and interested in using flaxseed for health and great taste!
At the Seminar, you and your customers will hear:
- Exciting new research shows that flaxseed may be one of the most powerful ingredients to maintain healthy blood pressure discovered to date.
- More about the growing epidemic of the “silent killer” – hypertension – the single largest risk factor for pre-mature death in the world.
- More about a recently approved health claim for flaxseed and cholesterol lowering.
Our Speaker: Dr. Grant Pierce, Executive Director of Research, St. Boniface Hospital in Winnipeg, Canada will describe how flaxseed consumption can maintain healthy blood pressure to a similar degree as that achieved with many pharmaceutical treatments. Dr. Pierce has published over 200 research papers and 8 textbooks on cardiovascular health. He is Co-Editor of the Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. He has given over 300 invited lectures all over the world.
How to get involved:
1. Please forward the Seminar announcement to others that may be interested in attending.
2. Let me know by Monday February 9, 2015 if you would like a table top at the Seminar. I will then let you know next steps.
Contact: Kelley Fitzpatrick, Technical Advisor - Flax Council of Canada