The aroma of this homemade banana bread will automatically draw you to the kitchen for a slice!
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed bananas
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In a bowl, mix together flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together bananas, oil and eggs.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir only until ingredients are moistened. Pour into a well greased 8.5 x 4.5 inch (21 x 12 cm) loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over batter in loaf pan. Pat down gently into batter.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool on a rack.
YIELD: 1 loaf (20 slices).
SERVING SIZE: 1 slice. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||5 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|