Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Bring the heat with these buffalo chicken wraps packed with protein.
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light salad dressing
- 2 tsp (10 mL) hot sauce or to taste
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flaxseed oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 (10 inch/ 25 cm) flax or whole wheat tortillas
- 4.2 oz. (120 g) package broccoli or alfalfa sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) crumbled blue cheese
- In a bowl, combine chicken, carrot, celery, salad dressing, hot sauce, ground flaxseed, flaxseed oil, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide chicken mixture, lengthwise on lower third of each tortilla. Tear broccoli sprouts into four bunches. Slightly pull apart each bunch to loosen. Lay alongside filling. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 Tbsp (15 mL) blue cheese.
- Fold bottom of tortilla over filling, fold ends in holding in place while continuing to roll up from bottom to form a roll. Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap or wax paper. Refrigerate one hour for flavours to blend.
- Slice each roll crosswise on the diagonal before serving.
YIELD: 4 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 1 mushroom. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of ground flaxseed and 1 tsp (5 mL) of flaxseed oil.
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|