Carrot Cake Flax Bites
Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
A great snack for eating on-the-go!
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecan
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) carrot, grated and packed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground clove
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fine chopped pecan
- In a food processor blend oats until fine. Add flaxseed, coconut, pecans, dates, carrot, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Process until forms a thick paste. Scraping down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Take 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of mixture, form into balls and roll in pecans. Chill for 30 minutes and serve. Makes 20 energy balls.
- Note: Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Yield: 20 energy bites.
Serving Size: 2 energy bites. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) ground flax
- Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Yields: 20 energy bites.
- Serving Size: 2 energy bites. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) ground flax
|Total Fat||10 g|
< Back to main Recipes page