Cinnamon Apple Flax Bites
Make these energy bites in a food processor and store covered in a refrigerator for up to five days.
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dried apple (not freeze dried)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- In a food processor blend oats until fine add flax, pecans, apple, maple syrup and cinnamon. Process until it forms a thick paste. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Take 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the mixture and roll into balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
Note: Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
YIELD: 20 energy bites.
SERVING SIZE: 2 energy bites. Each serving contains 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|