Cinnamon Twist Flax Butter
Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
Cinnamon Twist Flax Butter is a great option for breakfast and snacks. Use it as a spread or as a dip for fruit.
- • 2 cups (500 mL) roasted peanut
- • 1/4 cup (60 mL) canola oil
- • 1/4 cup (60 mL) roasted ground flax
- • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- • 2 Tbsp (30 mL) liquid honey
- • 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place peanuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Remove peanuts from pan and add them to the food processor bowl.
- Using a food processor, process peanuts on low for 5 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil and continue processing for another 15 minutes, stopping every 5 minutes to scrape down the sides of the bowl. At the end of 20 minutes the nut butter should be smooth and creamy.
- Add remaining canola oil, flaxseed, salt, honey and cinnamon. Blend 1 minutes to combine.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two months. It probably will not last that long!
Yield: 1 3/4 cup (425 mL).
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (30 mL) . Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
- For best results it is important to use raw, unsalted nuts with no skins – you can rub the roasted nuts between a tea towel or rubbing them together in your hands to remove the skins.
|Total Fat||2 g|
< Back to main Recipes page