Coconut Cashew Flax Butter
Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
Smooth cashews and crunchy coconut are a dangerously delicious combination!
- 2 cups (500 mL) roasted cashew
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) roasted ground flax
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Place cashews on a cookie sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Remove cashews from pan and add them to the food processor bowl. On the same cookie sheet spread coconut and toast for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Using a food processor, process cashews on low for 5 minutes. Add canola oil and continue processing for another 15 minutes, stopping every 5 minutes to scrape down the sides of the bowl. At the end of 20 minutes the nut butter should be smooth and creamy.
- Add flaxseed and coconut. Blend 1 minutes to combine.
- Store in an air tight container at room temperature for up to two months. It probably will not last long!
Yield: 1 1/4 cup (300 mL).
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (30 mL). Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
- For best results it is important to use raw, unsalted nuts with no skins – you can rub the roasted nuts between a tea towel or rubbing them together in your hands to remove the skins.
|Total Fat||4.5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page