Cranberry Cinnamon Twist Flax Bites
The combination of cranberries and cinnamon adds sweetness to this simple snack.
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cinnamon twist flax nutbutter
- 1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fine chopped pecans
- In a food process blend oats until fine, add flaxseed, nutbutter, cranberries, honey and vanilla extract. Process until it forms a thick paste. Scraping down the sides with a spatula a couple times.
- Take 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of the mixture, form into balls and roll in pecans. Chill for 30 minutes and serve.
Note: Store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
YIELD: 20 energy bites.
SERVING SIZE: 2 energy bites. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|