Crunchy Flax Chicken Nuggets
Chicken nuggets have never tasted so good! The Parmesan cheese ramps up the flavour and then is balanced perfectly with a crunchy crusted of corn flakes and ground flaxseed. Kid-friendly and the adults will like them too.
- 4 (4 oz/120 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground toasted golden flaxseed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) finely crushed corn flakes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) paprika
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 ༠F (200 ༠C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut chicken breasts into 1 1/2-inch (3.5 cm) sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground flax, corn flakes, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Melted butter in a bowl or dish for dipping chicken pieces.
- Dip chicken pieces into the melted butter first, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Place the well-coated chicken pieces on a prepared baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Serve nuggets with your favourite sauce.
YIELD: 30 nuggets.
SERVING SIZE: 6 servings. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|