Curried Rice and Grape Salad
Curried brown rice flavoured with mint, grapes and toasted flaxseed makes for a great side dish or meal on its own.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked brown rice, cooled
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flaxseed oil
- 1 tsp (5 mL) curry powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) crushed mint*
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) halved seedless red or green grapes
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) whole toasted flaxseed
- In a medium bowl combine rice, yogurt, flaxseed oil, curry powder, sugar, salt and mint; mix well. Toss in grapes. Cover and refrigerate 24 hours.
- Add whole toasted flaxseed just before serving.
Cooks Notes: 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon can be substituted for the mint.
YIELD: 6 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 1/2 cup (125 mL). Each serving contains 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of flaxseed oil and 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of whole flaxseed.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|