Creamy Shrimp Pesto with Flax Pasta
Emily Richards, Home Economist
Entree, Ground Flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) basil or sundried tomato pesto
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 1 lb (454 g) large raw shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 batch Fresh Flax Pasta Noodles or Gluten-Free Flax Noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic, parsley and pepper flakes for 3 minutes or until softened. Pour in wine and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. Stir in cream and pesto to combine. Add shrimp and simmer for about 4 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for 3 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain well and add to skillet. Toss with sauce to coat and serve immediately.
Yield: 6 servings.
Serving Size: 1 cup (250 mL). Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
< Back to main Recipes page