Made with flaxseed and oatmeal, these cookies are great for an afternoon snack.
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 1/3 cups (575 mL) whole flaxseed
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups (825 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) baking soda
- 3 cups (750 mL) oatmeal
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Add flaxseed and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat together eggs and vanilla. Add to flax mixture.
- Sift together flour and baking soda. Mix in oatmeal and combine with flax mixture.
- Form dough into 1 1/2 inch (4 cm) round log. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer to chill for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Slice log into 1/4 inch (6 mm) medallions. Place on baking sheet leaving about 2 inches (5 cm) between cookies. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from sheet and cool on a rack.
YIELD: 108 cookies (2 inch/ 5 cm).
SERVING SIZE: 2 cookies. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|