Bring this tasty fiesta salsa with you to your next backyard barbeque!
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced papaya
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen or fresh kernel corn
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) finely diced sweet onion
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime zest
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp (10 mL) whole flaxseed
- In a medium bowl, toss together papaya, corn, onion, tomato, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice and zest. Cover and refrigerate two hours.
- Just before serving, stir in ground flaxseed, cilantro and whole flaxseed.
YIELD: 6 servings (2 cups/500 mL).
SERVING SIZE: 1/3 cup (75 mL). Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|