Flax and Black Bean Layer Dip
- 1 can (19 oz/ 540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained, reserve 3/4 cup (175 mL)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chunky salsa
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) flaxseed oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) light sour cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 4 drops hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped cilantro
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) marble cheese grated
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped green onion
- Set aside 3/4 cup (175 mL) rinsed and drained black beans.
- In a food processor, combine remaining black beans, salsa, flaxseed oil, ground flaxseed, sour cream, cumin, salt and hot sauce. Puree. Remove from food processor. Stir in reserved black beans and cilantro.
- Spread 1 cup (250 mL) of sour cream in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) pan. Spread black bean layer on top of sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese and top with tomato and onion.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour. Serve with carrot sticks, celery, red pepper slice, pita wedges or bite sized tortilla chips.
YIELD: 4 cups (1 L).
SERVING SIZE: 1/2 cup (125 mL). Each serving contains 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|