Flax Cookie Bar
Baking, Whole Flaxseed
made with cereal, oat flakes, oats, raisins, whole flaxseed and sunflower seeds.
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ground toasted golden flaxseed
- 2 cups (500 mL) Special K type cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) old fashioned, large flaked oat
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick oat
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) combination of raisins, chocolate chips,
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut, chopped nuts, cranraisins, etc.
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whole toasted golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sunflower seed
- Spray 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) pan with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, cream together brown sugar, butter, granulated sugar and vanilla. Continue beating, adding one egg at a time.
- Add flour and ground flaxseed. Stir until well combined. Add cereal, oat flakes, oats, raisin combination, whole flaxseed and sunflower seeds. Stir until uniform in texture. Turn into pan. Bake 13 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on rack.
Yield: 30 servings.
Serving Size: 1 - 3.75 x 7 cm (1 ½ x 2 ½ inch) bar. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||3 g|
< Back to main Recipes page