Flax Cornflake Squares
Kids love this sweet treat.
- 1 cup (250 mL) peanut butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flax seed*
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (1.5L) cornflakes
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in ground flax seed, vanilla and corn flakes. Pat mixture into a 9x13 inch pan (3.5 L) with the back of a buttered spoon.
*Mill flaxseed in a coffee grinder to a granular, free flowing meal
YIELD: 36 squares.
SERVING SIZE: per square. Each serving contains 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|