This granola is simple and delicious! Use it to complete your breakfast or as a snack.
- 2 cups (500 mL) large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) fine unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) whole flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canola oil
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) honey
- Preheat oven to 300º F (150°C).
- In a large bowl, mix oats, ground flaxseed, coconut, whole flax seed, almonds, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together milk, canola oil and honey. Pour over dry mixture, mixing well until evenly moistened.
- Press mixture onto a baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until oats are crisp and golden. Remove from oven and let cool before breaking into pieces.
- Store in airtight containers or plastic bags for up to 1-2 weeks.
Cooks Note: Serve in small bowls with cold or warmed milk or sprinkle over yogurt, fresh fruit or berries.
YIELD: 8 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 1/3 cup (75 mL). Each serving contains 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|