Flax Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Flax Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are light, fresh and filling.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 egg
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sour cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) poppy seed
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 ⁰F (180 ⁰C).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, milled flax, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg. Add sour cream, vanilla, canola oil, poppy seed, lemon zest and juice; mix well.
- Make a well in dry ingredients and add liquid. Gently stir until dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened.
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick vegetable spray. Fill each cup muffin cup with 1/4 cup (60 mL) of batter.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and place muffins on wire rack for 5 minutes to cool.
YIELD: 12 muffins.
SERVING SIZE: 1 muffin. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|