Flax Noodle Miso Soup
Emily Richards, Home Economist
Entree, Heart Healthy, Ground Flaxseed
This earthy soup is perfect to warm you up on a cold day. Add more Sriracha sauce to turn up the heat.
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) light miso paste
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 pkg (100 g) shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby shaghai bok choy, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Sriracha sauce
- Half a batch Fresh Flax Pasta Noodle or Gluten-Free Flax Noodle
- In a soup pot, bring broth, miso paste, carrot and shitake mushrooms to simmer. Stir in bok choy and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for 3 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain well and stir into soup pot with soy sauce and sriracha and cook for 1 minute. Ladle into deep bowls to enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cup (375 mL). Each serving contains 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) of flax.
< Back to main Recipes page