Flax Oatmeal Cookies
Cookies are a great way to incorporate flax into your diet!
- 1 cup (250 mL) margarine or butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milled flax seed*
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) chopped almonds
- 2 cups (500 mL) Chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, oatmeal, milled flaxseed, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Stir into creamed mixture. Add almonds and chocolate chips if desired. Mix until blended.
- Form dough into 1 inch (3 cm) balls. Place on an ungreased cookies sheet, leaving about 5 cm (2 inches) between cookies. Bake at 350 ºF (180 ºC) for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
YIELD: 36 cookies.
SERVING SIZE: 1 cookie. Each serving contains 3/4 tsp (4 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|