Flax Unbaked Granola Squares
Looking for a snack? Try our unbaked granola squares for a quick and easy snack.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ground toasted golden flaxseed
- 1 cup (250 mL) Special K (or similar) cereal
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) combination of raisins, chocolate chips, coconut, chopped nuts, cran-raisins,
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whole toasted golden flaxseed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) raw sunflower seeds
- Line an 8 x 8 inch (20 x 20 cm) baking dish with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring butter and brown sugar to a boil for about 3 minutes. Add peanut butter and vanilla. Mixture until melted.
- Add ground flax, Special K, oats, nuts or dried fruit, toasted flaxseed, sunflower seeds and vanilla to peanut butter mixture. Stir until coated.
- Press mixture into lined baking dish. Cover and cool completely in pan for about 1 hour or until firm before slicing.
YIELD: 16 squares.
SERVING SIZE: 1 square. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|