Wrap and roll with our better-for-you tortillas. Perfect for a quick lunch, quesadillas or even a breakfast wrap. Adding flax boosts the fibre and the flavour.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) whole flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) warm water, 40 to 45 ºC (100 to 110 ºF)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) flaxseed oil
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, ground flaxseed, whole flaxseed and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine warm water and flaxseed oil. Stir into flour mixture, adding more water, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) at a time if needed to form a soft dough. Knead twelve times. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. With oiled hands, shape each into a ball. Cover. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Heat a 10 inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Flatten each ball into a round patty. Roll out on a lightly floured surface until very thin and approximately 6 to 7 inches (15 to 17 cm) in diameter. Cook each tortilla in the frying pan for 30 to 45 seconds per side until blistered and lightly browned. Do not over cook.
- Stack tortillas and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm. Serve with your favourite fillings.
YIELD: 6 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 1 tortilla. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|