Fresh Pepper and Pesto Flax Pasta
Emily Richards, Home Economist
Entree, Ground Flaxseed
This colourful pasta dish makes a great lunch or light dinner. Add chicken to make a fuller meal!
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 each red and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) sundried tomato or basil pesto
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) each chopped fresh basil and parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Half a batch Fresh Flax Pasta Noodles or Gluten-Free Flax Noodles
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat, saute shallot, garlic and peppers for 3 minutes. Add pesto, broth, basil and parsley; cook, stirring for 1 minute. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water; cook pasta for 3 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain well and add to skillet. Toss and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings.
Serving Size: 3/4 cup (175 mL). Each serving contains 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) flax serving.
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page