Gluten Free Flax Pasta Noodles
Ground flaxseed replaces eggs and adds fibre too in this tasty homemade gluten-free pasta recipe.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flax
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) warm water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola or flax oil
- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) gluten free flour
- In a small bowl, stir together ground flax, water salt and oil. Let stand for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, measure flour onto work surface or in large bowl and create a mound with a small indent in the center. Pour flax mixture into flour and using a fork start stirring the flour into the flax mixture. Knead dough incorporating more flour if necessary, 1 Tbsp (15 mL) at a time until dough is soft but not sticky. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 20 minutes. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Knead each piece gently with flour if slightly sticky.
- Using pasta press, roll one piece at a time through first setting twice. Continue through settings until smooth, thin pasta piece is formed. Lay flat on floured surface; let dry for about 15 minutes. Continue with remaining dough.
Tip: Pasta can be kept at room temperature for up to an hour, stored in refrigerator for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
YIELD: 1 lb (500 g).
SERVING SIZE: 1/4 batch of noodles. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|