Entree, Diabetic Friendly, Ground Flaxseed
A simple and tasty way to incorporate flax in your diet.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1 cup (250 mL) skim milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry bread crumb
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) celery salt
- 1/2 tsp (1 mL) ground thyme
- 1/2 cup (60 mL) ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine beef, milk, ground flaxseed, crumbs, onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic, mustard, celery salt and thyme. Mix well.
- Pat mixture into a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (22 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan. Spread ketchup over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350ºF (180ºC) 1 to 1 1/2 hours until no pink remains. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan, place on platter to serve.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||7 g|
< Back to main Recipes page