SaskFlax.com and POGA.com
Breakfast, Diabetic Friendly, Heart Healthy, Ground Flaxseed
As your child gets older adjust textures by not grinding the rolled oats as fine or use quick cooking oats. Vary the taste by adding chopped raisins, dates, grated apple, pureed peach, and cinnamon, etc.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk, formula, nondairy or water
- 1/4 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold milk
- In a small blender or coffee mill, process oats until finely ground.
- In a small saucepan, whisk oats and flaxseed with the 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk. Bring to a boil over medium to medium high heat, stirring and cooking 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit 2 minutes.
- To serve: Mash banana with a fork until smooth. Add 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold milk. Mix into porridge.
Yield: 175 mL (3/4 cup)
Serving Size: 1 serving. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page