Peanut Butter Cookies
SaskFlax.com and POGA.com
Baking, Ground Flaxseed
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) margarine or butter
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 cup (250 mL) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C) and position rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, margarine, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine oat flour, flour, ground flaxseed, baking soda and salt. Stir and blend into creamed mixture. Add oats, peanuts and cranberries. Combine until all ingredients hold together to form a dough.
- Scoop dough using 1 Tbsp (15 mL) measure, slightly rounded on top. Press and squeeze dough in palm of your hand to form into 1 1/2 inch (3.5 cm) balls. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with a nonstick cooking oil. Flatten cookies with the back of a floured fork, making a criss cross pattern.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack.
Yield: 44 cookies
Serving Size: 2 cookies. Each serving contains 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of flax.
- To make oat flour: In a small blender or coffee mill, process oats until finely ground.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen up to 3 months.
< Back to main Recipes page