Pecan Raisin Bran Muffins
Start your day off with one of these Pecan Raisin Bran Muffins, they will keep you energized all morning!
- 1 cups (250 mL) 1% milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) all bran cereal
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp (90 mL) canola oil
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp (280 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) ground flaxseed
- Preheat oven to 350 º F (180 ºC).
- In a large bowl, combine milk, all bran, eggs, sugar, oil, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins and ground flax. Mix well.
- Fill greased muffin tins two thirds full. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool in tins 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
YIELD: 12 muffins.
SERVING SIZE: 1 muffin. Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|