Raspberry Scotch Squares
These raspberry scotch squares will be a big hit at your next tea party!
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) whole flaxseed
- 1 cup (250 mL) raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) flaked natural almonds
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C).
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, ground flax, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir well. Add butter, cut in with a knife into smaller pieces then with finger rub butter into dry mixture until crumbly. Stir in oats and flaxseed.
- Press 2/3 of crumb mixture into a 13 x 9 inch (33 x 23 cm) pan that has been lightly sprayed with a nonstick cooking spray. Spread with jam.
- Add almonds to remaining crumbs and sprinkle over jam. Pat lightly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden. Remove to cooling rack. When cool cut into 6 rows lengthwise and crosswise.
YIELD: 18 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 2 squares. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|