Roasted Flax Peanut Butter
Roasted peanuts and roasted ground flax add depth of flavour to this simple peanut butter. Enjoy as a spread or dip!
- 2 cups (500 mL) roasted peanuts
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) roasted ground flax
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Place peanuts on a cookie sheet and roast for 8-10 minutes, stirring once. Remove peanuts from pan and add them to the food processor bowl.
- Using a food processor, process peanuts on low for 5 minutes. Add canola oil and continue processing for another 15 minutes, stopping every 5 minutes to scrape down the sides of the bowl. At the end of 20 minutes the nut butter should be smooth and creamy.
- Add flaxseed and salt. Blend 1 minutes to combine.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two months. It probably will not last that long!
Cooks Note: For best results it is important to use raw, unsalted nuts with no skins – you can rub the roasted nuts between a tea towel or rubbing them together in your hands to remove the skins.
YIELD: 1 cup (250 mL).
SERVING SIZE: 2 Tbsp (30 mL). Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|