Salted Pistachio and Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Baking, Ground Flaxseed
These cookies are delicious! The prefect amount of salty and sweet, with the added bonus of a flax egg!
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) water
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla, butter and nut flavoring or 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
- 4 oz (114 mL) chocolate baking bar, cut into small chunk
- 1 cup (250 mL) salted shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ground flaxseed and water, let stand 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Combine oil, sugars, vanilla, butter and nut flavoring in with the flax mixture.
- Gradually mix the flour mixture into the flax mixture. Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Spoon 12 mounds on each baking sheet, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake 11 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are JUST slightly brown. (They will not look completely cooked at this point.) Place baking sheets on wire racks 1 full minute before removing from baking sheets.
Yield: 24 cookies.
Serving Size: 1 cookie. Each cookie contains 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground flax.
|Total Fat||1.5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page