Spicy Beef Salsa Burger
These burgers get a healthy kick from ground flax.
- 2 lbs (1 kg) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) minced onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- In a large bowl, combine beef, ground flaxseed, oats, minced onion, egg, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, garlic, and salsa. Mix well.
- Form eight (5-oz/140 g) patties and set them aside on a baking sheet. Heat grill to medium-high heat (medium if using an indoor griddle or frying pan). Place beef patties on the grill or frying pan and cook for five minutes on each side or until done.
YIELD: 8 patties.
SERVING SIZE: 1 patty (5 oz /140 g). Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.