Serve with taco chips or use as a side dish or topping for a baked potato.
- 1 (19 oz /540 mL) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced, seeded Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sliced green onions
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 mango, chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely diced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ground flaxseed
- In a bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, red and green onions, lime juice, mango, cilantro, mint, garlic and salt. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours
- Just before serving, stir in ground flaxseed. Serve with taco chips or use as a side dish or topping for a baked potato.
YIELD: 15 servings.
SERVING SIZE: 1/3 cup (75 mL). Each serving contains 1 tsp (5 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|