Super Seed Bread
Baking, Breakfast, Ground Flaxseed
Our Super Seed Bread is based on a traditional Nordic recipe. Substitute other nuts and seed based on your flavour preferences.
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) whole almond
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecans halve
- 1 cup (250 mL) ground flax seed
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw sunflower seed
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw pumpkin seed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sesame seed
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 °F (180 °C). Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into the prepared loaf pan, and level out the top with your spatula or spoon. Bake for 1 hour. When loaf is finished baking it should sound hollow when tapped.
Yield: 1 loaf.
Serving Size: 16 slices. Each serving contains 1 Tbsp (15 mL) of flax.
- Will keep in the refrigerator for a week and it also freezes very well.
- You can substitute other nuts and seeds such as pecans, pine nuts, hazelnuts, walnuts, peanuts and poppy seeds. You can also change the amount of each nut and seed as long as you have a total of 6 cups (1.5 L)
|Total Fat||30 g|
< Back to main Recipes page