The West Coast Bowl
Entree, Ground Flaxseed
What better way to celebrate the west coast than to feature salmon. Served with wild rice, baby bok choy, carrots, purple cabbage this Asian-influenced bowl will have your heart saying thank you. Recipe by Zannat Reza from Thrive 360 http://www.thrive360.buzz/
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed or blanched bok choy
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrot ribbons (or thinly sliced)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked wild rice or quinoa
- 4 cooked salmon filets (each about the size of your palm) or substitute canned salmon (1/2 can per bowl)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper flakes (optional)
- Prep vegetables as needed.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- To assemble bowl
- Divide ingredients equally among four bowls.
- Drizzle on maple mustard dressing.
Yield: 4 bowls
Serving Size: One Power Bowl
|Total Fat||5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page