The West Coast Bowl
What better way to celebrate the west coast than to feature salmon. Served with wild rice, baby bok choy, carrots, purple cabbage this Asian-influenced bowl will have your heart saying thank you. Recipe by Zannat Reza from Thrive 360 http://www.thrive360.buzz/
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced purple cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) steamed or blanched bok choy
- 2 cups (500 mL) carrot ribbons (or thinly sliced)
- 2 cups (500 mL) cooked wild rice or quinoa
- 4 cooked salmon fillets (each about the size of your palm) or substitute canned salmon (1/2 can per bowl)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) green onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sesame oil
- Pinch of pepper flakes (optional)
- Prepare vegetables as needed.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- To assemble bowls, divide ingredients equally among four bowls.
- Drizzle on maple mustard dressing.
YIELD: 4 Bowls.
SERVING SIZE: 1 bowl.
|Total Fat||35 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|