Thick Berry Smoothie
Brighten up your mornings with this delicious berry smoothie!
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) fat-free plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) unsweetened orange juice
- 1 frozen banana, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen mixed berries
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) concentrated black currant nectar (optional)
- In a blender, add soy milk, orange juice, banana, berries, flaxseed and black currant nectar (if using).
- Blend until thick and smooth, about 45 seconds. Pour into two tall glasses.
YIELD: 2 smoothies.
SERVING SIZE: 1 1/2 cups (375 mL). Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|