Toasted Flax and Green Onion Cheeseball
Appetizer, Whole Flaxseed
This easy, creamy and irresistible cheese ball is sure to impress any guest!
- 8 oz. (250 g) light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) light sour cream
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped green onion
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) toasted flaxseed
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat together cream cheese and sour cream. Add cheese, green onion, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and mix well. Form into a ball and roll in toasted flaxseed.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours to develop flavours. Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.
Yield: 45 servings.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp/15 mL. Each serving contains 1/2 tsp (2 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||0.5 g|
< Back to main Recipes page