Toasted Oat Squares
Good for kids lunches and after school snacks.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pea butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) ground flaxseed
- 3 cups (750 mL) toasted oat cereal (O shape)
- 3 (1 oz./25.5 g) pouches fruit snacks
- Spray an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar and corn syrup; stirring constantly. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Stir in pea butter and ground flaxseed until smooth. Add cereal and fruit snacks. Mix well.
- Press into prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.
YIELD: 12 servings.
SERVING SIZE: per square. Each serving contains 2 tsp (10 mL) of flax.
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|